The Ohio Scottish Arts School encourages students to pursue funding from groups in their area. Many pipe bands, Scottish associations, and Clans have supported students by giving them monies to be applied to the fees associated with the Ohio Scottish Arts School. To be included in a listing in our Ohio Scottish Games program, the scholarship must be received by June 1st. Please send all scholarship monies and recipient’s name(s) to:
Ohio Scottish Arts School
c/o Pam Kilpatrick, OSAS VP/Registrar
2750 Jameston Drive
Rocky River, OH 44116
OSAS is able to award various scholarships at the conclusion of the week each year. The recipients are determined by the OSAS instructors based on certain criteria. Following is a brief description of each scholarship.
• The Cathy Caldwell Aspiring Highland Teacher Scholarship Award for a dance student enrolled in Teacher Training for the first year that demonstrates enthusiasm, knowledge and leadership with regard to teaching Highland dance.
• The Bob Callander Memorial Scholarship is awarded each year to a piper who demonstrates perseverance, dedication and development over the course of the week.
• The Callander Achievement Award is given to a dancer, for the following year, who shows leadership, dedication and development over the week.
• The Betty Lawrence Scholarship is awarded to a student in teacher training who shows dedication and commitment to teaching Highland dancing, student leadership, and respect for supporting bodies within Highland Dancing.
• The Allan MacDonald Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a promising and capable piper for the following year.
• The Jack Robertson Scholarship is awarded to someone who is passionate about playing pipes.
• Two Dorothy Riddell Memorial Scholarships are awarded to help students attend summer bagpipe schools.
• The Walter Gorsica Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a student 17 and under that shows dedication to the pipes.
• The Royal Canadian Legion Post 54 Memorial Scholarship is a full scholarship awarded to a student showing the most progress at the OSAS. The scholarship for the following year will rotate between Drums, Fiddle, Harp, Highland Dance and Pipes.
2016 Scholarship Recipients for the 2017 Ohio Scottish Arts School