The 42nd Ohio Scottish Arts School will be held Saturday, June 27 – Friday, July 3, 2020
The Ohio Scottish Arts School (OSAS) is held at Baldwin-Wallace University, located in Berea, just south of Cleveland, Ohio. OSAS check-in begins Saturday afternoon with a Welcome Reception for all students, instructors and staff on Saturday evening.
Traveling By Car – More specific information on check-in will be provided when we receive your final payment.
Traveling By Air – Please arrange your flights to Cleveland Hopkins Airport. Before you make airline reservations it is important to talk with Debbie Doty, President/Director. To secure transportation to and from Baldwin-Wallace University, you must arrive on the Friday PRIOR to OSAS between 11:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. and depart on the last day of OSAS after 3:00 p.m. (see the Registration Form for the exact dates). If you are unable to arrive/depart at these times, we cannot provide transportation to and from the Airport.
Transportation to the Games – We will provide a shuttle for students who arrive by air from Baldwin-Wallace University to the Ohio Scottish Games. We will leave in the morning in time for the competitions and return in the evening after the closing ceremonies. There is an additional fee for transportation to and from OSAS.
Ohio Scottish Games
The OHIO SCOTTISH GAMES are held on the 4th Saturday in June each year at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds in Berea, Ohio. Participation in the Games requires separate registration. Registration for the Ohio Scottish Arts School does not automatically qualify the student to compete in the Games.
2019 OSAS Tuition and Fees
Fees for 2020 have yet to be determined but will increase due to new location with air conditioned dorms
Resident Student – (tuition and fees, double room, breakfast, lunch and dinner) $700.00
Day Student with meals – (tuition and fees, no room, lunch and dinner) $600.00
Day Student without meals – (tuition and fees, no room, no meals) $525.00
2019 Additional Fees:
Dance Teacher Training $ 85.00
Single Room (Adults Only) $ 55.00
Early check-in on Friday, June 21, 2019 $ 50.00
Airport Transportation to OSAS on Friday, June 21, 2019 from Cleveland Hopkins Airport to Oberlin College plus transportation to the Ohio Scottish Games on Sat., June 22, 2019 $ 55.00
Airport Transportation from OSAS on Friday, June 28, 2019 from Oberlin College to Cleveland Hopkins Airport $ 40.00
• An NSF fee of $25.00 will be assessed for any payments returned for non sufficient funds (NSF).
• Please inform us if you will be receiving a scholarship so that we may deduct that from your fees. Please have any Scholarship checks that were not awarded at OSAS sent directly to Pam Kilpatrick (see our Scholarship page).
• Only US Dollars will be accepted.
• All registrations* and payments are due by Friday, May 24, 2019. However, we will accept late registrations* and payments until Monday, June 3, 2019 when they include a $25 late fee. *subject to availability
WHEN USING EXPRESS MAIL, FED EX, OR UPS PLEASE WAIVE SIGNATURE REQUIRED TO PREVENT DELAY IN DELIVERY. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LATE OR MISDIRECTED MAIL.
• If you are unable to attend for any reason, please call us as soon as possible.
• Written notification received on or before Friday, May 24, 2019 – Refund of any fees paid, less non-refundable $200 deposit.
• Written notification received after Friday, May 24, 2019 – No Refund. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Once your registration is accepted, you will be sent a confirmation email. More specific information about OSAS (ie: what to bring, sample schedule, etc.) will be sent once we receive your final payment. To ensure you receive these email(s), simply add email@example.com to your address book. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks, please let us know!
2019 OSAS Registration is now closed
OSAS 2020 will be June 27-July 3
Registration forms for 2020 will be posted in March
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader version 5.0 or above to view and print out all Registration Forms.